Sunday, July 20, 2008

Day 9: I don't think I like my medicine!

Daily Mood:
Oh so tired! Last night I went to bed at 7:40pm and didn't wake up until 8:45am. Well, I did wake up a couple times drenched in sweat but went right back to sleep. Ugh. I have not gone to bed so early in decades! This really does wear you out. And I have been tired all day. Even washing a few dishes makes my arms feel like I have been holding them out to my sides for 10 minutes.

Daily Changes:
Sweaty hot flashes at night. I am not sure if this is the medicine or my body trying to whip up a fever to fight this virus. I am also so light headed a lot of the time. Real periods of spaciness which is frustrating and makes accomplishing anything very slow. The last prescription I had was a few years ago for an antibiotic and before that it would have been the same but probably 20 years ago. I'm not one to take medications or prescriptions and I've never taken an anti-viral or steroid before. I am afraid to even take advil for the fever, if that is what it is. My jaw still feels slightly numb inside. More so on the right/slack side.

My mouth will still curl up a teeny tiny smidge at the corner if I stare in a mirror and try really hard. 3-4 times this morning before my tongue and jaw couldn't stay still and tried to help in the action. I like looking at the tiny movement. It gives me hope. When I look at my face in little pieces it's really not so bad. Looking at the entire thing trying to talk is depressing beyond words. It becomes very ugly no matter how hard I try to make normal movements.

Freaks at the door and it's not me!
I live down a long dirt driveway with no sign of a house in sight from the street. It's a little canyon surrounded by big houses on hills. I love that no one comes to the door unless I am expecting them. But today, "knock knock knock", and I shuffle over looking particularly haggy in my extremely listless tired mood and whip open the door. I'm expecting my Dad to come over and finish the amazing aviary he is building me. But I need a peephole! There is some kind of wiry tattooed cutoff T-shirt yahoo at my door asking me how to get to Santa Ynez. It makes no sense... why not drive down a road that actually looks like it leads to a house if you want directions. When I start to talk he backed up and by the time I got two sentences out he was half way up my porch stairs (yes, up to get off of my porch, I'm in a canyon). It bothered me because I am feeling very venerable and weak in my current condition. But after thinking about it hours later I may have scared him more than he scared me. I could be straight out of the movie Deliverance - sadly that is no exaggeration.

The day in general
I did manage to clean the bird cages today. It's a twice a week job that I had put off and it really had to be done. That was the only accomplishment of note. Mostly laid around and marveled at the weakness I could feel in every limb.

No comments:

Post a Comment