Saturday, July 19, 2008

Day 8: Less annoyed today...

Daily Changes:
I think I look the same as yesterday except that my upper eyelid has drooped down on to where my eyelashes meet my lid. I do believe that this is just gravity, my archenemy, taking it's toll. I am still disturbed by this droop. I wish I had taken pics a few days ago when I was almost symmetrical. I can ever so slightly twitch the corner of my mouth up about 3 or 4 times if I start at it close in a mirror and concentrate. This only works in the morning before my face is pulled to the working side by talking. I don't believe this is a new development, I think I just discovered I still have this little ability. It's encouraging because I believe it means that the nerve to the corner of my mouth was not ruptured in the big ol' canal of nerve swell up that is going on inside my head.

My top teeth feel numb also. But not when I touch my gums... they just feel numb inside.

Daily Mood:
A little crappy but resigned. I decided that I am not going to die. I always knew that but I still felt desperate and paniced like life could be over until today. If I have a partial recovery I can just be that freaky lady to trick-or-treat from if you are brave enough. (Shhh... she has bodies in the basement) And if it fixes itself I'll be just another one of the multitude of people that have had this sneaky little thing.

Supplements:
I have added to my mountain of pills! I am now taking a Lecitin supplement once a day. I've added it to the evening because the mouthfuls of morning pills are getting to be a bit much. But I am getting my daily water consumption in because of this. It's the little things...

AM:

  • Multivitamin
  • E 400mg
  • C 1000mg
  • Garlic
  • Ginger Root
  • ALA
  • Ginkgo Biloba
  • Zinc
  • Lysine
  • Super B Complex

PM:

  • C 1000mg in Emergency-C packet
  • Garlic
  • Ginger Root
  • ALA
  • Ginkgo Biloba
  • Zinc
  • Lysine
  • Lecithin

The day in general
I am feeling a whole new desire to be more in touch with my body and my health so today I some cholesterol tests done. After 12 hours of fasting overnight I hoofed it in and got the following results:

Total Cholesterol 241
HDL Level ("Good") 51
TC/HDL Ratio 4.7
LDL Level ("Bad") 156
Triglyceride Level 170
Glucose Level 97
HbA1c Level 6.2

So, not fantastic but definitely fixable. The doctor told me that the total lipid tests I had measure the cholesterol stored in my blood cell walls for the last 2 months and give a snapshot of the past. I am going back in 2 months to see what kind of changes take place with my healthier eating raw food diligence. I really expect to see good results. This was such a piece of cake I can't believe I never had this done before.

No comments:

Post a Comment