Thursday, July 17, 2008

Day 6, Cry in the morning and get PO'd in the afternoon. At least I have a schedule.

Vision is still crappy. But the eye on the slack side is seeing better than it used to. Since I was 5 years old my eyes have always had the same prescription. It's very handy with contact lenses and knowing if I trust that a new eye doc has gotten my prescription right every two years.

I covered the left eye (on the wrinkled side of my face) and leaned towards the computer until I could see the words perfectly with my slack-sided eye that seemed "off". Then I switched eyes and I had to move closer to see the words clearly with what I thought should be my "good eye". Surprise! The other thing that is odd to me is that I can't alter my vision at all on the right eye by pushing and pulling my skin around the eye. Normally that changes something but not with this condition. I suppose when the muscles get working again they will pull or push my eye back to it's worse level of vision.

I am very worried about my eye since I have read how easily vision can be damaged if the cornea is allowed to dry out. After my mom and I visited the post office today (and all my other little runs) we stopped at the drug store for some nighttime eye gel to really help keep it moisturized. And I use the drops during the day religiously along with using my finger to blink.

Oh... thinking of blinking has reminded me of more shower horror. The first thing I do when I take my towel to dry off is to put it up to my face with two hands and wipe my forehead, eyes, face, etc. OWWWW! When the eye doesn't close all the way this is the most painful thing ever. Little loops of abrasive, absorbent towel right smack in the eyeball. Twice. The constant frustration over little things like this is really hard to take.

No comments:

Post a Comment