Thursday, July 24, 2008

Day 13: It's my lucky day!

Daily Changes
I'm spacey, dingy, having slight balance issues, arms are dead tired and feeling like 50 pound weights, and I'm taking the stairs at less than half speed. I guess it wasn't the medicine making me feel like this. Darn. I also had another flash of fever today around 2pm that lasted over an hour. I just let it go and figure my body is trying to fire itself up and kick this thing. I don't have a thermometer but I can tell the fever isn't in the danger zone.

But on to the good changes! There are 3 little dime size parts of my face that have movement! This is unheard of in a case like mine in such a short period of time from what I have read so I am tickled pink. Just above the thickest part of my eyebrow will slightly contract when I try to move the brow. Below my bottom eyelid and slightly out towards the edge the skin will flutter when I try to smile. And the corner of my mouth is cooperating again and making a little movement up. It also opens up more and I don't have to "hook" a drink glass in the corner as severely as I did just 2 days ago in order not to dribble everywhere.

My hearing went in and out/loud and soft a lot today and I eventually had to just lay down and take a 3 hour nap in the afternoon when sitting upright was just too much effort.

Daily Mood
Fantastic of course. I wish I wasn't so tired and listless but there's not much I can do about it.

I added a new supplement today. A chewable Methylcobalamin B12. I am replacing my old B12 with this new one since it is more potent and has better absorption... supposedly. I'm doing the 1000mcg dose and not the 5000. Gotta keep myself in check and not go off the deep end with all these pills.

I am feeling very fortunate right now. I am glad I did the prescriptions right away and I am going to keep taking the supplements until I am completely healed or someone makes me stop. But I really think that a key component of getting better is my raw food diet. I have not put one thing in my body that is not living, organic, and full of available, necessary nutrients. Every sip and bite has a purpose. There are so many stories of raw food healing cancer and other diseases that doctors are not able to cure. Unfortunately, I do not know a story first hand but I still think it is possible. I've ordered the documentary "Simply Raw: Reversing Diabetes in 30 Days" as some fun viewing for next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment