Monday, July 28, 2008

Day 17: I actually forgot I had Bell's palsy!

And it's not that my memory is going... I woke up and did not immediately think about the more stoic side of my face. It was at least 15 minutes before I remembered. That was a fantastic feeling!!

Daily Changes
My eyebrow definitely goes up a bit and my forehead wrinkles nearly evenly all the way across. It's really twisted that I am liking my forehead wrinkles right now. My eye crinkles up at the corner when I smile and I can whistle in either direction much to the pleasure of the African Gray that lives with me.

I really think I owe this fast recovery to my raw food diet. I have seen big changes in my entire body. My skin in incredibly soft. I never thought I had rough skin but about 4 days into raw I had baby soft skin on every part of my body. I have also dropped 19.4 pounds since July 7th. I started watching my weight a week before the bells palsy struck but didn't go completely raw until my face was became paralyzed. It is certainly easier to eat less without a good sense of taste but I am eating extremely delicious food in any quantity I want and losing 5 pounds a week. I guess when you a chubby pumpkin and there is lots to lose this is how it goes in the beginning.

Yesterday I did not have the flash of fever or extreme tiredness that I had been experiencing every day for a few hours. Today was the same. I think that bizarre phase is over. My face is also less tender when I touch it. I am a little disappointed about that. I equated the healing with the tenderness and figured I would have it until the muscles had all their movement back. But I guess that is not how it goes. I have a little more movement each day so I am still healing and improving.

1 comment:

  1. Hello!I was diagnosed with BP 13 days ago and stopped my prednisone 3 days ago.I feel weakness in my arms/legs..slight fever.Is this part of the BP or is it a withdrawal from the Prednisone?I read your blog and you give me hope I can beat this!

    ReplyDelete